The South Carolina Free Clinic Association is the only statewide organization that supports and advocates for SC’s free clinic network and for the populations they serve. There are currently forty member clinics in 25 counties in South Carolina. Each clinic is an independent501(c)(3) non-profit organization with its own governing board and eligibility requirements. The SCFCA provides technical assistance, educational and networking opportunities - as well as the ability to bring local free clinics together to create a voice more powerful than could be realized individually. The SCFCA also supports and encourages new clinic development in underserved communities who identify the need and express the desire to open a free clinic. As a tax-exempt 501(c) (3) organization, the SCFCA receives generous support from The Duke Endowment and the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation.
Each free clinic has its own eligibility criteria and schedule of operations, so click on the “Find a Clinic” link to get more information and connect with a clinic in your community.
Board of Directors
- Suzie Foley- Chairman, Executive Director – Greenville Free Medical Clinic
- John Hart III – Vice Chairman, Executive Director – Good Samaritan Free Clinic, Chester
- Dennis Coker – Treasurer, Executive Director – The Free Medical Clinic, Inc., Columbia
- Kaye Allen – Executive Director – Mercy Medical Clinic, Florence and Lake City Free Clinic
- Dr. Frank Bowen – Medical Director, Volunteers in Medicine Clinic, Hilton Head
- Cindy Perry – Executive Director, Good Shepherd Free Medical Clinic, Laurens
- Regina Reece – Executive Director, Samaritan Health Clinic of Pickens County